It is with sadness I join this community, not for myself but for what I fear this place and my treatment will mean to my family.

44 years old, generally healthy, diagnosed with SCC via fine needle aspiration about a month ago. I'm doing the due diligence and have been confirmed as T2N2cMx and I have never been so afraid. I smoked for years, but my ENT is pretty sure it's HPV (hopefully he confirms that tomorrow -- he's been out of town since doing my biopsy on 3/3 because I've heard that increases my prognosis a bit).

Currently they say I am inoperable at the base of the tongue and in the neck so we're going for chemo/radiation starting on 3/31. 33 treatments with 3 chemo across 6.6 weeks. I don't really know what else to say, other than I hope my oncologist's prognosis of 60-70% cure is accurate.

I don't know what else to add. I hate that I'm so wrapped up on myself now, which is why I decided to come here. At least I can whine anonymously because I don't think I can take hurting my wife and kids any more than this already has. I hope I'm strong enough to take the treatment and win this fight.

Anyway, I tried to emulate the signature block but I probably got it wrong smile .

So, howdy! Having read through some of these posts, I can only say that I hope I'm as strong as so many of you who so sadly came before me have been.

Cheers

The Hellion

SCC Base of Tongue
Diagnosed 3/5/2014 T2N2C
PEG Installed 3/19/2014
Chemo/Rad 3/27/2014
1x Cisplatin, 4+ TaxoCarboplat + 33 * 70 gy
Chemo FINISHED 5/5/2014
Rads FINISHED
PEG tube removed 10/08/14
Back to work 4 Aug full time
1/19/15 - diagnosed mets to lungs