Kevin also had an OSHA threshold change in his left ear. He works on the North Slope in Alaska and they have annual hearing tests because of the noise in the shop. It was enough of a loss to be considered OSHA recordable. Thank goodness it is only his left ear as I do find myself having to repeat often. Watch for the ringing. They can always switch to Carboplatin if they deem that acceptable.
I wanted to tell you and Oz that we finished tx at the end of October and he was back to work in frigid Alaska January 5th. It was terrifying for me to let him go, but he is a very determined guy, like the 2 of you, and he made it work. He usually does 3 week hitches, but the first one back he only did 2 weeks. That's 14 days in a row, 12 hour days. Needless to say he was whipped when he got home but ready to go again 3 weeks later and has not missed a beat since.
You guys got this. By summer you will be done!!
Kathy

Kathy wife/caregiver to:
Kevin age:53
Dx 7/15/11
HPV16+ SCC Stage IV BOT/R
Non smoker, casual drinker
7/27/11 Cistplatin, taxotere,5FU 2/3week sessions, followed by IMRT 125cgy x 60 (2x daily) w/Erbitux weekly. Last rad 10/26/11. Last Erbitux 10/27/11
PEG placed 9/1/11 Removed 11/8/11
Clear PET 10/12 and 10/13 and ct in 6/14