25 down, 10 to go, doctor day - Can anybody be this lucky? Please don't think I'm gloating, but I had another good week and doctor day.

The doc says none of his patients get this far into treatment with essentially no side effects. Other than a little tenderness on outer edge of tongue (both sides) and same on inside of each cheek, I have no symptoms. The throat feels good, I can still swallow normally with no pain, I still have about half saliva. Maybe best of all is I only lost 1 pound last week; thank you about a zillion cans of Ensure. It's the only thing I can taste.

My bridge club had a Christmas party today and I was able to eat some of most everything. None of it had any taste, but I was able to get it down. At the end of the day I layed claim to that nice big meaty ham bone. When I get some taste back it's going to make a really nice pot of pinto beans. I'm looking forward to that almost as much as that cheeseburger and fries.

I know others have a rough time of it, but so far I have been lucky. Hopefully, others can be too.

Only one more doctor day to go.

Everybody, have a great weekend.

Tony

Last edited by n74tg; 12-12-2013 04:52 PM.

Tony, 69, non-smoker, aerobatics pilot, bridge player/teacher, avid dancer (ballroom, latin, swing, country)

09/13 SCC, HPV 16, tonsillectomy, T2N0.
11/13 start rads, no chemo
12/13 taste gone, dry mouth,
02/14 hair slowly returning
05/14 taste the same, dry sinuses, irrigation helps.
01/15 food taste about 60% returned, dry sinuses are worse in winter.
12/20 no more sinus problems, taste pretty good