7 down, 28 to go - Hey, I'm 20% through, may not sound like much, but it's way better than where I was at the beginning.

The mask felt good again today, so much better than last week. Felt good means it didn't actually hurt to have it on.

I did learn something new today. My primary RT wets the dental rolls and squeezes then down to a smaller size before I install them in my mouth. Today the helper gave me the dental rolls and didn't wet or squeeze them. They are a lot harder to install dry. So, tuck that away for future reference if you are using dental rolls.

Sometimes we just get lucky. I had to arrive early today at the clinic. For some reason the prior patient was running late, so they just reversed us on the schedule My original 45 minute wait just literally evaporated once I walked in the door.

You know it's a lot easier to keep a positive attitude when good things happen. I know the worst is yet to come, so I'll just enjoy now while I can.

later

Tony, 69, non-smoker, aerobatics pilot, bridge player/teacher, avid dancer (ballroom, latin, swing, country)

09/13 SCC, HPV 16, tonsillectomy, T2N0.
11/13 start rads, no chemo
12/13 taste gone, dry mouth,
02/14 hair slowly returning
05/14 taste the same, dry sinuses, irrigation helps.
01/15 food taste about 60% returned, dry sinuses are worse in winter.
12/20 no more sinus problems, taste pretty good