Doctor Day #3 - Well, it's official, I'm my doctors best patient, or so he said today. He looked at the throat and we discussed the side effects and he said everything is going great. Though my mouth hurts like lleh, well almost that bad, the throat is still doing pretty good. I'm having a fair amount of mucus thickening but at least it doesn't hurt to hack and spit right now. Doc said get some Mucinex and start using that, so I did.

Every once in awhile I get a little dry mouth, but keep a water bottle nearby to rewet and hydrate with. I guess if it continues I'll start using the bottles of Biotene (old formula) dry mouth rinse. Salt-soda water rinses still feel good.

The nutritionist is not happy with me, I'm losing too much weight in her opinion. Hey, I'm eating like a hog, but still losing a couple of pounds a week. She says she's happy with what I'm eating, I'm just not eating enough of it. Ice cream and cake every day, no, she wants it twice a day. Note to self, go buy more ice cream tomorrow. I had plenty of extra weight before rads started. If I continue this rate of weight loss I'll be back to a really good weight at treatment end. I'm sure many of you will fuss about this way of thinking. Even if I lost an extra pound or two per week I would still have a really nice weight. Like I said, I'm sure many of you will fuss. Okay, have at it.

Tony, 69, non-smoker, aerobatics pilot, bridge player/teacher, avid dancer (ballroom, latin, swing, country)

09/13 SCC, HPV 16, tonsillectomy, T2N0.
11/13 start rads, no chemo
12/13 taste gone, dry mouth,
02/14 hair slowly returning
05/14 taste the same, dry sinuses, irrigation helps.
01/15 food taste about 60% returned, dry sinuses are worse in winter.
12/20 no more sinus problems, taste pretty good