Hi Nancy,

I am so touched by your concern and kindness. John is going in for a CT scan of his abdomen, thorax and head and neck. These scans will tell us if the cancer has progressed and at what rate. We are scheduled to see the MO the week after for the results. John is not yet showing symptoms except for the fact that he can't walk for as long and as far as he used to. He did end up in ER one Sunday when he had a splitting headache (he never used to get headaches). The doctors there did a brain scan but nothing showed up. Then a week or so later, John had an attack of the hiccups which lasted for more than 24 hours. We were able to get in to see his GP who prescribed muscle relaxants and that solved the problem. When these things happen, I get scared because no one knows if it is cancer-related or not. Other than these episodes, we are truly taking it one day at a time and one problem at a time. We are lucky to have a very supportive GP and a competent home care nurse who visits once a week. Yesterday the case manager visited and set us up for palliative care. I particularly wanted that to be in place as I don't know when the pain will start and would like to know that help is there if I need it.

I come on the forum everyday because there are some members, like you and Jay Jeong, that I feel a connection to and would like to know how they are getting on. But being in the situation that I am, it is hard for me to participate in the discussions or to offer anyone any advice. I will, however, update when I can.

Thank you, Nancy, once again for being such a kind friend.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.