Dear Nancy14, Kathy and others who have posted, thank you for your prayers. Please know that you too are in my thoughts and I wish you all the very best.

I was driving home from the supermarket the other day feeling sad that another day had passed and that meant another day less for me to spend with John. Then, as I turned into our street, I suddenly came to the realization that even if John was not at all sick and that the cancer had not hit us hard, with every passing day, it would still mean one day less to spend with John. Today should not be any different from any other day in our lives. I went home and told John and we are both resolved that we will carry on with life as we have always done -- with no regrets.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.