In late June, John was experiencing chest pains and his GP sent him for a chest x-ray. That was followed by a phone call from the GP that he was sending the x-ray onto our RO as he felt the results warranted further investigation. John had a CAT scan at the end of July and today we were given the results -- the cancer has metastasized and is now showing up in the lungs. The RO believes that the cancer has spread to the rest of the body -- it is only more easy to see when it is in the lungs. We are now waiting for an appointment with the MO, but the RO made it very plain -- any medical treatment is to maintain the quality of life for as long as they can, and not the quantity of life.

I was hoping that I would never have to write this post but I guess the choice was never mine.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.