I called up the RO and talked to him for about thirty minutes yesterday. They see 4 to 5 (the RO was speaking from memory and did not have the actual report in front of him) nodules in the right side of the lungs. They are about 5 mm in size and have the classic, seed-like appearance. These are the large ones that have shown up on the CT scan. They are growing and they were not there the last time John had a lung CT scan right before his chemoradiation treatment in November.

The RO believes that John's inability to swallow is likely related to the TX he has had, but now with cancer in the body, it is possible that the gastroenterologist will not want to aggressively treat it.

Like Jay Jeong said in "C" in his post above, the RO said that most doctors will not treat the cancer in the lungs aggressively as the high toxicity will greatly impact the patient's quality of life but without the patient getting any better.

We now have an appointment to see the MO in two weeks' time. We will see what she has to say and whether a biopsy can be scheduled. In the meantime, we will be talking to John's GP about counselling.

Jay, I particularly want to thank you for your post, knowing that you have your own problems to deal with right now. Like I have said before, I came onto the forum just around the time Jen was finishing her treatment. I had always taken comfort in the thought that she was able to beat the tongue cancer and in your positive attitude. It saddens me to find that we are now facing the same problems, again, just a few weeks apart.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.