Both comments as patient and as cg right on.... Trust me I KNOW this is hard for him . we have been married 25 years... I can see..., and I know it's hard on caregiver as well and you can't fully appreciate what the other goes through unless you have done it before yourself, I get it. My heart is breaking for him.Literally feels like my heart is being cored out of my body watching him suffer so, and wasting away. I purposely am careful ( trust me) what I say/ do as he does not want to be mothered, treated differently etc. but what do you do when they are hurting themselves, sometimes you have to intervene.....we just came home yesterday from having a fdg tube in ( 50 lb weight loss) and he took 1/3 of what was prescribed yesterday, and just announced that's all he's doing today too?! Okkkkk? So why did we bother getting one? Apparently sips of water have been working so well?! He told me he was the patient and to leave him alone. I gave him a copy of his orders and said he might want to review calories and water recommended on a daily basis first and we are now leaving him alone... If looks could kill, those glares would have done their job a long time ago! So what the heck... Am I supposed to let him loose another 50 lbs.... ? Was hoping he would get some calories on board -and some good fluid intake before Tuesday when we are supposed to get final chemo ( which has already been held once)...

Colleen
Wife/advocate for husband. 52 yo nonsmoker
ISSC tonsil stage IVa. HPV + Enlarged node & tonsil,
CT 2/13
Bx lt tonsil 3/8,
PET 3/16
Tx started 4/9/2013 Cisplatin x3 and IMRT x 7 wk
Tx end 5/29
GT 5/24-7/17
Officially in Recovery Phase! : )
CT scan 8/13-NED !
CT scan 7/14-NED