Hello gpk`101

I see you are from Atlanta (like me) and went to Emory Univ. Who did you work with there?

PaulB posted a couple of excellent links which mean a lot to me and I prefer to think they very clearly identify those location that are most capable of providing the best service possible.

http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings/ear-nose-and-throat

http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings/cancer

A couple of observations:

ENT
#4-UPMC
#39-Sloan Kettering
Emory Univ. Not listed in the top 50

CANCER
#2-Sloan Kettering
#28-UPMC
#39-Emory

These list also support my personal belief that protocol is not the same everywhere. Otherwise, seems to me, everyone would generally score #1 in their particular area of concentration. I am new to cancer but if I could start over, or advise someone, I would do/advise differently. I wish I woulod have been directed to Emory Univ., to start with, for a first opinion and I would have then gotten a second opinion elsewhere. I did not know Emory (and who could be better locally) was an option at the time so I went where I was sent. If I would have known and could go back further I would not have done what probably caused me to get this cancer but-tolate now. I am just trying to get it right now but no success so far.

You being from Atlanta means you know some of the locals. Emory you know because you have been there. Piedmont, never seen a TV AD, but they have a good reputation for some things and they do cancer stuff. Northside Hosp. Does TV Ads for cervical and breast cancer but I know a guy, you probably know his name, who lives near there that could go anywhere in the world but they choose Emory. There is some new group, build a new bldg, that recently made Atlanta a base but I can�t remember their name. Its something like ��. Cancer Center. Then you have Dekalb Medical Center in Dekalb County. Who the heck is Dekalb Medical Center. I know who they are but until the TV Ads with 2, 11 and 14 year testimonials I did not know they did cancer (don�t say what kind-maybe all) and why. Are they trying to take business away from Emory Univ.?

TO MANY CHOICES AND IF YOU MAKE THE WRONG CHOICE�������..SOONER.

2010 sore throat
Jan 2011 ENT no prob
Jun CAT no prob
July PET
July biop pos
July PEG

HPI (1-3) T2N1 squamous cell carcinoma right tongue base treatment chemo/XRT end Oct 2011.
Jan 2012 PET neg
June PET-18mm mass right tongue base pos to 7.2 SUV no nodes pos
July MRI.
July bio pos