Charm

Thanks again! Instead of complaining I am going to just make an appointment to meet with either MD Anderson or Sloan. At the moment I am leaning toward MD Anderson unless someone were to suggest Sloan to be a better choice. I have spoken to Sloan and as Kelly211 mentioned they have a unique method with records etc. They want text info (I understand I have about 500 pages) before meeting and at the meeting bring all the CD's of PETs, MRI etc. Within the hour I will speak with MD Anderson about their procedure. To my mind, maybe not right, it seems sending all before meeting would be better.

My big concern now, other than back and forths to Texas and more time lost, is insurance. I have Medicare and Kaiser (Senior Advantage) and I am not sure how this might work with MD Anderson. I recently saw someone mention KP (Senior Advantage) but I am not sure if it related to MD Anderson which I have also seen mentioned recently. I will do a search.

Last edited by nocam; 08-15-2012 08:23 AM.

2010 sore throat
Jan 2011 ENT no prob
Jun CAT no prob
July PET
July biop pos
July PEG

HPI (1-3) T2N1 squamous cell carcinoma right tongue base treatment chemo/XRT end Oct 2011.
Jan 2012 PET neg
June PET-18mm mass right tongue base pos to 7.2 SUV no nodes pos
July MRI.
July bio pos