Tamvock

Thanks for your thoughts which parallel what my ENT doctor told me last week. I keep hoping for some last minute miracle to take place but I am convinced that is not going to happen, I am waiting for the Dr. at Univ. of Pitt to read the pet and give me his thoughts but have accepted the fact that he is going to suggest what others are saying which is get surgery. I am now hoping I can savemy tongue and larynx as I was told I could at Sloan in Sept (hope nothing has changed) instead of losing both as I was told should happen by a doctor here in Atlanta. At the moment my tongue is swellingand speech is becoming difficult, wonder if this is just temp from radiation, and I am requiring Rocsiset every 4-5 hours. Hate trying to sleep, not swallowing any liquids and fearful of aspiration.

How is your husband doing? How does he communicate?

If I have to be cut I am hoping I can have it done at Sloan for they are in the groupof best but not sureI can make it happen with my insu. I hate to deal with second best. I think I have already done some of that.

Charm

I guess I am special and the tumor just does not want to shrink and go away. I am waiting for you to be at least 2 out of 3 that Kelly referanced since I cannot join as 3 for 3. No need for Kelly to have all the fun. Join him with positive results.

CherylD

Interested idea to have the biopsy tested aginst different chemo. Maybe that is whay a local MO is looking into.I will try to ask when I see her next.

PaulB

That is a lot of good information. Whaere are those few places where the things you mentioned are done? What have you had done and how are you doing now? I have looked at NCI but I get lost in trying to understand all the treatments
terminology. Maybe I can find someone to help decipher it all.
Kerri

Thanks a lot again. Your words are very conforting.

ChristineB

Above I mentioned Sloan where I have been for a second opinion. I hope that can be the place where I can get the best.

Kelly

Dr. Heron is a moments hope. Maybe he can give me some direction soon. I hope it is soon for I need to make a quick decision.

2010 sore throat
Jan 2011 ENT no prob
Jun CAT no prob
July PET
July biop pos
July PEG

HPI (1-3) T2N1 squamous cell carcinoma right tongue base treatment chemo/XRT end Oct 2011.
Jan 2012 PET neg
June PET-18mm mass right tongue base pos to 7.2 SUV no nodes pos
July MRI.
July bio pos