Nocam - You sure have had a lot to endure ! -I hope someone with more direct experience than I have can chime in with their ideas or advice.

Re Emory Hospital, it really bothers me that (as you mention): <<In order to get a second opinion I must have a �Consultation Request Form� signed by my physician but my physician will not sign such a form.>> This really surprises me since I thought that in the interest of healing, physicians were all for second opinions! They also say that << Their decision is to remove my tongue and I should accept that during surgery they will most likely remove my voice box also.>> The �most likely� part seems kind of �iffy� to me in that it could also happen that they could leave the voice box.

In an earlier post re Dr. Wadsworth, you mention: <<He said I am going to lose my tongue but if he finds any can be saved he will save it.>> So maybe a part could be saved?

Also, I can't help but feel that there has to be a way to get a second opinion. I'm sure others know more about this than I do. I sure am hoping for better and more hopeful days ahead for you!

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)