Sweetz, if you're anything like me, you're a self professed control freak. I have always been super independant, and have an iron will. People have always described me as "strong", and while I am, I am subject to the same fears and insecurities as everyone else, I simply choose not to show them. To be told that you have a disease which you have no control over is so hard to accept, it's almost impossible to not feel overwhelmed.

I too have cried in the shower (so no-one could see), but then I get out, shake myself off, and take a deep breath. I try to focus on today, because who knows what tomorrow can bring. The only thing here I can control is how I react right now, and I choose that reaction. It may be a limited view, but it helps me get through each day, with a semblance of control. It's the whole "can't see the forest for the trees" philosophy...one tree today, and the next tree tomorrow.

I'm here if you need to talk, about anything, even if it's just to be pissed off!

Tina
Diag: Aug. 13/12
T3N0M0
50% + glossectomy and bilateral radical neck dissection, removal of nodes zones I - V
Surgery October 11/12
Chemo/rad on hold due to clear margins and nodes
Sept 21/13 clear CT with anomaly thought to be the artery, being watched closely.
Dec 16/13 - anomaly confirmed artery, all clear
nickname: "get 'r done"
Plans: kick cancer's butt