Hi everyone I'm new to this site, and well here it is August 22, 2012 I was diagnosed with SCC of the Tongue. I would never forget this day as to me this day my world came crashing down at the speeed of lighting..I couldn't believe this was happening I'm 30 years old with two children that need me! since then I had a partial glossectomy and a neck dissection 25 lymphs all clear, at first I was told it was T1 but when I had surgery I was told it was more of a T2 because the tumor was about 3 1/2 centimeters. I am now scheduled to have radiation therapy 5 days a week for 5 minutes for 6 weeks this is due to the fact that my margins where close and there was some nerve invasion. I am torn apart all I do is think of my children and how long I would be on this earth to care for them and see them grow. What terrifies me the most is the thought of recurrence, there is no history of any type of cancer in my family, I smoked for four years maybe about a pack a week and I'm not much of a drinker also HPV-, how did this happen...my guess is as good as yours. As you can see my thoughts are all over the place, all I do is think about this all day is like it has taken over my life, my mind. I'm a very strong warrior this I am aware of, but this CANCER has made me fearful more than for myself for my children. My radiologist says I'll be fine and will be able to see my children grow into men and women, my family and friends are very supportive but nothing takes away this fear and this hopeless feeling.