Hello Hanima I am a newbie here and like you I am supporting my husband and his family. My mother-in-law was diagnosed with tongue cancer in Jan 2008 and she had a partial glossectomy of her right side of the tongue. My sister-in-law told me that the after surgery was frightening since Joyce would cough out blood. Unfortunately they did not do radiation and did not treat the cancer aggressively that is the mistake. BTW I am in the USA while Joyce is in the Philippines. We do not have hospitals devoted to cancer alone. May 2012 she noticed a lesion on her gums which was diagnosed as SCC after the CT Scan they would more cancer on her lower jaw bone. Therefore she is having a mandible dissection followed by 33 sessions of radiation. The sad part is that she is very thin now less than 100 lbs. Another big frustration for me is that the technology here is so far from what they have in the Philippines. Questions are also not being asked.

I wish you the best Hanima and I pray for the complete recovery of your father. You are blessed to be with him. Our elderly parents are 20,000 miles away frown

Joyce March 1940 to January 2014
A wife, a mother, grandmother and great grandmother.
She fought oral cancer from late 2009 to Early 2014.
2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.