Well I wasn't upset with the Doctor he has been amazing with my mom for all these years I think my issue was that I couldn't understand what my brother was passing down to me.

Today dad wrote the email explaining everything and I have more peace. The doctor feels that this tumor doesn't appear to be too fast acting which buys us time. They spoke of a chemo treatment that isn't covered by there insurance and dad said is very expensive. The Dr. did give her morphine in case pain starts up which it hasn't. They will be here Sept 3 so we can talk more a decision doesn't need to be made until the go back to the dr. on the 21st.

ChristineB I know you all aren't Doctors but you have been there dealing on the home front, suffering, searching and reaching out for each other giving each other the support that is needed. I came to the board looking for answers knowing full well I can't get them here but just wanted guidance on where to look. This board and the links that are associated with it has helped.

Thank you all for letting me reach out and take hold of the comfort you give each other and if there is anything I can do to help you please let me know. I would love to share with others more about this type of oral cancer it seems not too many are aware of it.

Gerri

My mom Lymphoma survivor 25 years.
Oral cancer since 11/2008
Chemo/Radiation
Surgery for reoccurence tumor 3/2012
8/2012 new tumor behind 3/2012 tumor
Quality of life is requested.
Passed away in her sleep just as she wished. 9/30/2012