I am just so frustrated perhaps because I want to know the facts and plan life.
My dad called my Brother after the doctor appointment but couldn't discuss much because mom was sitting next
to him in the car. ( Ok my mom is pretty much deaf at this point but nice that he was thinking of her... )
The Dr said that the cancer doesn't appear to be too fast acting of a tumor (Please note that her cheek is now becoming read and swollen after two weeks of finding out that it was cancerous).
Doctor said that he could give her a little chemo to perhaps extend the growing a bit slow things down.
Ok sounds good but my problem is: she didn't handle it well 3 years ago and was pretty sick, And wasn't that what triggered the dementia.
So is this going to move her faster into Alztimers. I'm very confused and will hear the whole story from Dad in the morning. Dr said that she can travel and to come on down.
I just don't want her to suffer with the chemo if it's just going to make her suffer in another way.
I know this is a no win situation and I truly want to be excited that we will have more time but is the Doctor doing the right thing? I have no clue.
Thanks for my venting session... your all so wonderful.
Gerri

My mom Lymphoma survivor 25 years.
Oral cancer since 11/2008
Chemo/Radiation
Surgery for reoccurence tumor 3/2012
8/2012 new tumor behind 3/2012 tumor
Quality of life is requested.
Passed away in her sleep just as she wished. 9/30/2012