Susan, I'm sorry you have lost both your parents it must be very heart wrenching. I know it's going to be hard that is why I'm trying to grasp the truth and deal with it now so I can help my dad more. We do have family so I'm thinking of getting them on board after tomorrows doctor appointment.

My dad works if you can believe that, he is turning 80 this November and is the county Judge (small town part time job).. He has a lot of stress and keeps saying he is going to retire but I feel it's his outlet which is good... The bad part is... should mom be left alone for 4 hours at a time? I'm not feeling good about that and need to somehow get that through his head without making him feel that we don't appreciate him.

Letting me get all this out sure helps me figure out what I need to do. Not too many people understand the depth and hardship this cancer has on families and I'm very glad you are all here. This board has taught me more than just reading medical internet sites. SO KUDOS TO YOU ALL!
I will let you know what happens tomorrow.
Thanks again... Gerri

My mom Lymphoma survivor 25 years.
Oral cancer since 11/2008
Chemo/Radiation
Surgery for reoccurence tumor 3/2012
8/2012 new tumor behind 3/2012 tumor
Quality of life is requested.
Passed away in her sleep just as she wished. 9/30/2012