Thank you all.

Tammy - the Cancer Society had arranged a series of workshops that we were both to attend - then (just 4 weeks ago) I collapsed and was hospitalised (first time in my life) suffering septicaemia. I fought for my life, on a drip for 6 days. So we missed the first workshop and I'm not strong enough, physically, to go to the second. BUT we will enlist again, when they next do the loop.

I appreciate being able to come and talk to you all - because if I break down, as sometimes happens, being fragile and emotions quite raw and brittle, I can still make myself understood and not fight to control tears. Talking though the rawest emotion isn't easy for me and I hold back the tears and clam up again - so don't tend to get anywhere in a face to face situation. So you're being my counsellors for the time being and I truly appreciate that. Ross (Yates, from the board here, a friend of mine on Facebook) was the first to reach out to me, so losing him has been hard. He'd been on the other side of the equation and knew something of my struggles - and he let me know it was okay to feel angry about things, that my responses were alright and 'normal'.

Thank you again. Bedtime for me.

CG to husband. Dx Sept 2010 SCC L maxilla. Tx Nov 2010 - maxillectomy, L selective neck dissection, levels 1 - 3.
6 wks radiation 30 sessions, Jan - Mar 2011.
Occasional drinker, non-smoker.

Together we are determined to overcome this beast and defeat it.