Hi Liz,
I agree with everything that has been said here. Please know there is nothing wrong that can't be fixed, but you probably do need to see someone to talk it out and get some coping tips. I know that there are times I look at Kevin's rad mask or happen upon some of the feeding tube apparatus and I get physically sick. I don't vomit, but probably could. It is true that we, as caregivers, ran on adrenaline and now we are facing life after and it is very, very hard. I know I am struggling with a little ptsd or something, because sometimes the fear is so great I have melt downs. I talk to folks on here about it and can usually move on. I am also caring for my 86 year old mom and 3 kids so I am VERY busy. If not for that I would go stir crazy!!
We are here for you and can completely relate.
Stay in touch.
Blessings,
Kathy
PS...It sucks and it's ok to scream, rant, cry or whatever else you need to do to get the anger expressed!! We "get it" cuz' we've been there!

Kathy wife/caregiver to:
Kevin age:53
Dx 7/15/11
HPV16+ SCC Stage IV BOT/R
Non smoker, casual drinker
7/27/11 Cistplatin, taxotere,5FU 2/3week sessions, followed by IMRT 125cgy x 60 (2x daily) w/Erbitux weekly. Last rad 10/26/11. Last Erbitux 10/27/11
PEG placed 9/1/11 Removed 11/8/11
Clear PET 10/12 and 10/13 and ct in 6/14