I think we all went thru hell. Look up some of my postings, I sat here on the phone at work to the Dr's office crying that I think he is going to die, Ron lost so much weight, he was already tall and thin but had muscle mass before this. He is 6'2'(yes eyes of blue!) and healthy he weighed 189. Now he is only 132lbs and he thinks that is great, he actually came out of the shower with only a towel on in front of my kids and inlaw kids and wasn't embarrassed, but my goodness he is so thin but he's alive! He didn't have any feeding tube even though he had an NG twice and took them out himself cuz it hurt his throat, and he refused to get a PEG and I just couldn't believe the docs let him go without one for all his treatments but I guess they figured he is doing fine seeing he is driving himself to and from Rad treatments til the final one. I just didn't understand but he made it. And believe me I "B"tched him out daily to no avail. I finally had to leave it in his and HIS hands and take care of myself and yes that was with Xanex just to take the edge off. Now he still has alot of paid due to the dead bone in his jaw but first we are taking care of the spot on his lung before that gets handled, but he is alot better and eats alot more than he did 2 yrs ago. Guess he was lucky not ending up in the hosptial is all I can say, seeing everybody else who lost so much weight ending up in there. Ron did have those drinks though maybe that's what kept him out of the hospital specially the 560 Carnation
Good Luck and take care of you too!

Last edited by SUEZ; 01-05-2012 11:54 AM. Reason: I didn't read all the postings...sorry

CG to Ron
Out of Pain 4/3/13
4/12-lung and under chin growth no treatment
1/13/12 lung biopsy
6/11 recur 6/30 resection #2 Clear margins
Clear 12/10
Surg 5/13/10 neck dis/nodes part gloss/flap R thigh all teeth out
RAD 30 8/10
DX 4/2/10 "Oral Cavity" T3NOMO
12/28/07 Non Hodg Lymph remission 7/08
passed away 4.3.15, RIP Ron, you are greatly missed