I think you are beginning to see a few trends here. The Caregivers are sharing that they know exactly how you feel as it's tough to get the patient to eat because of how badly they feel. The patients are affirming your husbands feelings that it sucks and the feelings are real.

It's not that your husband doesn't want to eat more, he probably has it in the back of his mind(I know I did) however physically it "feels" impossible. I remember that feeling where I just couldn't let anything more be jetted down the PEG tube even though I was losing massive amounts of weight, 70 lbs total which was about 1/3 of my body weight at the time.

My opinion is that he needs assistance, either via IV nutrition or chemical to ease other symptoms and increase appetite. Now you've inquired before about medical marijuana on these boards and I think that should be an option. I have several friends on these forums that have used it through treatment successfully to help motivate them to eat, relieve nausea caused by opiate pain killers, help reduce the need for opiate pain killers and lift the mood. Some of those patients use it in a state where it is not legal however take it anyways because it has worked for them. It's worth a shot in my opinion.

Treatment is tough and the patients and caregivers should have every option to help get them through this hell, just how I see it. I wish going through I didn't have the preconceived notions on mj and had used it despite it being illegal where I live, I think I would've had an easier go.

Keep your chin up

Eric

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.