Karen, great catch. There are also other ways to "beef up" the calorie intake too when using Ensure Plus or Boost. Using a healthy oil like Olive Oil to help increase calorie intake. Olive Oil is a long chain triglyceride that is great for energy, has 14g of fat and around 140 calories per "tablespoon" so it doesn't take much to get more calories packed into the liquid nutrition.

If his appetite won't increase get more calories in each feeding session by just adding a couple of tablespoons of olive oil to it. I've given this advice before and even use it as I have issues keeping weight on so I put OO in my shakes. It has other benefits to it as well like promoting testosterone levels etc...not sure why I didn't think about that in my first post.

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.