Gary,

You helped me so much when I would come here doing research for my mom. You are one of the people that kept me sane going though the battle with her. I believe my mom suffers from depression as well. She never used to be negative about anything and she is negative more often than not these days. I know that her appearance bothers her although she tries not to let it bother her but I know that it does. After they routed all the veins from one side of her face to the other one side of her cheek is really sunken in. Some plastic surgeons want to inject some experimental botox type stuff in her cheek but the procedure is very pricey and she just can't see spending that kind of money on it. I do know that her quality of life is not what it used to be so I try to help be more upbeat and positive but I know that it is hard for her sometimes. Anyways just wanted to say that Gary I think you are amazing! Thanks again for everything you did helping me through my moms battle.

Dani

Originally joined OCF on 12/12/03 as DaniO or Danijams
Dani-Mom SCC BOT & floor of mouth surgery-recur then surgery/rads & chemo completed 3/04
surgery 11/06 to remove dead bone & replace jaw w/ leg bone & titanium plate