Well, I'm trying real hard to get back here more often.

I think my life started to go crazy when my wife decided that we should downsize and move since I was retired and she was retiring in June. Selling a house, packing it up, moving, unpacking (still doing that), have kept me so busy.

In additon to that we spent days on end visiting the hospital as two friends were in at the same time. My dental partner and best friend (for over 41 years) passed away in August after battling multiple myeloma for 8 1/2 years. Our other friend is doing well.

We managed to get away to China for 2 weeks in October and I have made a pact to try to visit the forum more regularly again.

Over the past 5 1/2 years I have only been away from the once before. It occured after a couple of members passed away and I started getting depressed.

I have always welcomed PM's and direct emails as many people over the years have felt more comfortable asking me dental questions, off the forum.

Jerry

Retired Dentist, 59 years old at diagnosis. SCC of the left lateral border of the tongue (Stage I). Partial glossectomy and 30 nodes removed, 4/6/05. Nodes all clear. No chemo no radiation 18 year survivor.

"Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger"