Hi Emily. I'm so glad you had a better doctor's appointment. Your mom is so lucky to have you fighting for her. It kind of makes you wonder what happens when people are in this fight alone. Unfortunately reporting the doctor probably won't matter. They cover for each other. I lost my mom to pancreatic cancer two years ago. She had her pancreas removed 9 months before she died which instantly made her a diabetic. Her doctor that was in charge of her diabetes was a total a**hole. The month before she died her blood sugar was anywhere on any given day from 80 to 650. She had to be rushed to the ER more than one time. We were at our wits end trying to control it. We would call her doctor and never get phone calls back. We couldn't find another doctor for her because there are very few doctors in Delaware who deal with this and her cancer was all through her.

I'll never forget one phone call my sister made and INSISTED in talking to him. He got on the phone and told my sister "stop worrying about your mom's blood sugar numbers and let her eat what she wants, she's dying anyway". Nice huh? We reported him but I'm sure it went no where.

Hang in there! Hugs, Wanda

Last edited by slim; 06-15-2010 07:10 AM.

Wanda (47) caregiver to husband John (56) age at diag.(2009)
1-13-09 diagnosed Stage IV BOT SCC (HPV+)
2-12-09 PEG placed, 7-6-09 removed
Cisplatin 7 weeks, 7 weeks (35) IMRT
4-15-09 - treatment completed
8-09,12-09-CT Scans clear, 4-10,6-11-PET Scans clear
4-2013 - HBO (30 dives) tooth extraction
10-2019 - tooth extraction, HBO (10 dives)
11-2019 - Left lateral tongue SCC - Stage 2