Oh thank you so much David and Christine! It is so wonderful to have you (and this forum) as a resource.

Things have changed fairly rapidly around here in the last 2 days. Roy became really fussy about using the PEG and also wouldn't eat or drink anything, so he basically began to dehydrate and starve himself. I got extremely upset and called both the MO's office and the dietician that we were referred to because I could see that he was feeling very sick, and he wouldn't listen to any of my pleading.

Thankfully, he was seen by the dietician today, and she got him all straightened out. She recommeded a gravity feed with Osmolite, 6 cans a day. She also told him he needed 64oz of water a day as well, and gave him the reasons why. (Which I had previously explained to him) For some reason, he listened to her and became compliant. So after allowing us to feed and hydrate him, he is feeling much, much better! Yay! It seems that using the bag instead of the bolus is a lot more comfortable for him.

I can't tell you how relieved I am. Bless his heart, I don't know why he had to make this so difficult!

Thanks again for being there... It makes such a difference.

Laurie

Wife (48) to Roy (52): He is a non-smoker, non-drinker, computer business owner, country musician, Dx 11/15/09 Stg IV SCC of right tonsil, T2N2bM0, had ND and tonsillectomy 1/8/10, Port 3/11/10, Peg 3/16/10, Erbitux, 33 IMRT, finished treatment 5/5/10