Laurie

If you go to the main forum page, there is a link for Amazon. If you go thru Amazon USING THAT SPECIFIC LINK TO THEM, OCF gets a small donation from Amazon that costs yo nothing. I just ordered 2 cases of Carnation VHC for $84 from RxUSA Wholesale Inc. They are very fast, I ordered it Monday morning and got it today.

Has your doc ordered specific PEG formula? Do you use the pump? If you have one, that will make a huge difference in how yoru husband feels after 'eating'. I do mine overnight which makes my daytime easier. You can set the pump to run at a slow speed and it will help with the fullness feeling. I use prescription formula and mix it with Carnation VHC, plus I add a can of water per can of formula.

Try to encourage your husband to keep swallowing. Drinking water is very important. It will keep his swallowing muscles working and will keep him hydrated. Shoot for 48oz daily, more is even better.

If you dont already have it, ask the doc for magic mouthwash. He can swish it around in his mouth and spit it out before eating. It helps to soothe the mouth and numbs it alittle so he can eat more easily.

Best of luck with everything smile

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy