Hi Patty and Nancy,

Patty you must be mad as hell! Our diagnosis process was similar I think Chaz had had a few problems with his partoid months before the lump etc...never really been explained whether they were related.

Nancy, I think they only phone patients with results here if you are private - not sure, but I wouldnt really want results without treatment options and that takes a meeting of the MDT - I think you call them the tumour board in the states that happens once a week. By the way I am fascinated that doctors are able to give results to next of kin in the States. Seems that in the UK patient confidentiality doesnt allow that. I cant get any informationa bout Chaz's case unless hes in the room with me or authorises that it is ok.

Anyway good news is that I chatted to the oncology nurse and she is being very supportive with follow up etc - I was honest with her about my reservations about the ENT consultant and she has offered to help with that.

Bad news is that Chaz went down with a bad cold and chest infection on Thursday which has only added to my worries. Its the first time has had an infection since just before diagnosis...