Thanks Liz, this is an article that discusses the risks of seeding during FNA http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=502850. I seem to remember that Chaz's first inconclusive FNA was a bit f a fiascoand didnt sound as if it was carried out by someone experienced. I did ask our clinical nurse oncologist about whether the NHS followed best practice and she said "now we have special ultrasound clinics". Think I am going to go in with him and be the carer from hell which will embarras Chaz, but thats life!

Re ENT - My current problem is that we have been moved back into ENT outpatients which means we dont see the oncologist anymore. Unfortunately I now have even less confidence in our ENT consultant than I did a year ago when it tookhim far too long to diagnose Chaz. He has a dismissive attitude and always comments on us being worriers which is not helpful. He was certainly very dismissive when Chaz mentioned this swelling back in April. I think I may see whether we can engineer the follow up appointment to be in the cancer centre as I hope the MDT team will be able to review the results prior to that visit. God its still 2 weeks away - I am finding it so difficult to seem happy when I am so miserable and having real trouble sleeping.

Thanks for listening.
Cath