Well apparently they do it in special clinics once a week and as we are on the NHS - which by the way I think is a fabulous institution - I am not sure we can hurry it. He is having the FNA on Monday and then I think it will take 9 days for the results to be back and reviewed by the team. I dont really want the results before the team have seen them.

I suppose my real question about the FNA is that if its inconclusive it takes a long time to reach diagnosis. Chaz had FNAs to start then they sent him for an excision of his suspected cyst which turned out to be cancer, then he went for a pet scan that showed activity in his tonsil, then the tonsillectomy - that all took about 10 weeks. If he had been sent for a pet scan first they would have been able to see the tonsil cancer and probably the cancer in the cyst then they could have proceeded to tonsilectomy (biopsy) and neck dissection possibly in the same op. I think that would have been more cost effective in the long run and given him a better chance. That could have been done within 4-6 weeks and allowed the treatment to start on his primary much sooner. As it happened there was a 10 week gap between the excision his neck node and the start of treatment on his primary. I always wonder what might have happened during that time.