Thread Like Summary
DonVila
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#199719 01/27/2020 1:34 PM
by Ssl
Ssl
I have a bump on the side of my tongue way in back..it is mostly normal tongue color with a small white center. It is semi firm, but not rock hard. It feels between a water balloon and a grape. It is probably about the size of a pencil eraser and has been there for at least 2 months. I’m wondering if bumps from tongue cancer are usually hard or can they be soft? I’m hoping someone can speak from experience. What I’ve read is that they are generally hard. I know I should get a biopsy but I keep hearing how painful they are and do not want to do anything unnecessarily. Thank you.
Liked Replies
#200683 Feb 9th a 10:02 PM
by Michael Young
Michael Young
do a PET scan ? or CT scan ? sounds like you had something , then spread to neck lymph node
just my 2 cents
better be safe than sorry

good luck
1 member likes this
#200578 Dec 2nd a 08:42 PM
by Nels
Nels
Dear SSL

I strongly recommend going to see your Head and Neck doctor (used to be called Ear, Nose, Throat). The guideline is get any sore that lasts more that 2-3 weeks checked out. I was lazy and ended up being stage 4 by the time I went in nearly a year after I noticed something. Sorry to be a little dramatic but I sure wish I had asked a group like this after a month or so. They would have scared me into going much earlier and likely saved me a long but successful surgery and radiation treatment.

BTW, the biopsy barely hurt. They put a numbing agent on the spot before taking a tiny chunk out of the middle of the sore.

Let us know how it goes.

Stay safe and keep the faith,
Nels
1 member likes this
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37