You need a definitive answer to what this is. You should get the CT or MRI. Non invasive and will give them some information to work with that a visual scope will not. Biopsy of the tonsil is possible, or someone can just remove it, it is not a complicated or big deal surgery. Then it can be sent to pathology for definitive diagnosis. You likely do not have to have more surgery as the one ENT is describing. That lymphatic tissue may not even be involved. He sounds overly aggressive. I would get another opinion from another head and neck surgeon otolaryngology professional. And I would continue to be your own advocate for determining if this is something serious or not. These cancers get misdiagnosed, or diagnosed late too often, which if it is really cancer lets it prosper into something harder to deal with. You are your own best advocate. Please go get some concrete answers. Hopefully this is some benign issue.

I don’t think that these visual examinations you have had are going to be helpful. They are giving you opinions not based in factual evidence. Perhaps some of these ent’s are not head and neck surgeons. If that is the case they do not have the clinical experience to help you with this. I’m asking about that because they are doing everything but actually doing real diagnostic things. Throwing antibiotics and anti fungal meds at it when they don’t know what it actually is. This is a story we hear everyday, and my own diagnosis was delayed by similar doctors before I was finally diagnosed with a stage four tonsils cancer with mets. Anyone whose first inclination is to get out their Rx pad not even knowing what this is, is the wrong doctor to help you.