Dear AJC

First, I am sorry you are going through all this and glad you are reaching out here. So glad to read you finally slept. Sleep is so critical to your mindset and recovery as is food. I had a nasal feeding tube for about 3 weeks. It was a pain in the butt. But, it also got calories in me until I could learn to swallow again (I had a partial glossectomy, they took half my tongue and transplanted flesh from my forearm to rebuild it). When I started on food, I was super careful about swallowing and would eat for hours sometimes. A small sip of this and chew that and wash it down with water. It was kind of a full time job getting the min 2,000 calories in me every day. After a couple weeks, my ability to manipulate food got better, then better again after a few more. I had to learn to judge my improvement in weeks and months. I also had a suction machine with me for a month or longer to help clear the mucous from my mouth. I assume you have one.

Please discuss all this with your medical team. And, consider a feeding tube - stomach or nasal. It will help get those calories into your body that you desperately need over these months.

Sending you prayers for a full recovery and peace.

Nels