If your daughter is going with you to advocate for you she may want to spend some time reading both here and on the main OCF site so she has a better idea of what she should expect. Theres hundreds of pages of info she can read with links to go into great detail for those who are determined to find out every single detail.

Rads missed will be tacked onto the end of treatments. At least thats what happened when I missed one and from what others here have said. There are very specific formulas and flow charts doctors in the US use to determine what course of action works best for what patients. If a patient does not complete their treatments its unlikely the cancer will be eliminated. Recurrences can and do happen when treatments are not finished and unfortunately recurrences seem to move faster than the original tumors do (just my opinion).

Please think every single thing over and take your time to decide if you want to continue. Ive been here for 11.5 years and been thru recurrences myself, I cant think of a single case where the patient quit rads and survived for any great length of time. Cancer is an absolutely horrible disease that comes with horrendous treatments and side effects for those with OC. We have been there ourselves and understand how you feel and how much treatments do a number on patients. The better the patients intake and hydration, the easier it will be on them.

Main OCF Site... Understanding Oral Cancer