I battled endlessly with robin about the horror that was Tx .It made me so mad when anyone he met said"how are you?" and he said"great".Being a carer means being at the sharp end ALL the time.My answer...keep your mouth shut and keep your distance.don't get in his face,or constantly ask how he is,don't nag,just gently remind,but only once,dont speak for him unless he asks you too.Don't discuss his illness with others when he is there or can hear.In fact the lower profile you can keep the better.These men while they need our help,don't want it,after the worst is over they will tell you they couldn't have done it without you,but during the tx they will say they don't need you or your help..They resent the way women step up to the plate and become the stronger for it.

sounds awful and it is,but it passes in time Marriage vows say for better or for worse in sickness and in health,they don't say
during cancer treatment and a good while after.
Your husband will be back,just ask margaret hupe.

Liz in the UK

Husband Robin aged 44 years Dx 8th Dec 2006 poorly differentiated SCC tongue with met to neck T1N2cM0 Surgery and Radiation.Finished TX April 2007
Recurrence June/07 died July 29th/07.

Never take your eye off the ball, it may just smack you in the mouth.