This horrendous disease has stolen so much from us; the David we knew before the December 08 diagnosis is gone...

He did not finish the Radiation treatment. He had 30 rounds total to complete, and with 11 treatments left he couldn't tolerate the pain any longer and told the Dr. he would not be returning. That was a month ago.

He hangs out at the neighbors house for a few hours a day, which would be OK - but the guy is a chain smoker. David goes in his house to talk to him, breathing in the secondhand smoke the entire time. Nearly the same as smoking, right?!

His 6 month scans are coming up soon, and the closer the appointment gets, the meaner he gets. He admitted tonight that he's scared, and sick of having to go through the daily routine of rinsing and sinus infections, and all the aftermath of the cancer / surgery / radiation. He said this would be an ongoing thing. I'm not sure if he meant his attitude / behavior - or the feelings he's struggling with.

To others, he acts as though everything is going great... but behind closed doors that is not the case. It's so hard to see him this way (and be on the receiving end of him). I know he has to be hurting so deeply. We're trying so hard not to take it personal...

I wish I could fix this.. but lacking that ability, how can I help support him?

Last edited by Philly; 06-07-2009 03:01 AM.

Mom of 4, wife and caregiver to David, 37 yrs old, diagnosed 12/4/08 SSC T4NXMX Maxillectomy on 1/8/09. 19 out of 30 scheduled rounds of IMRT Radiation Therapy. Cancer free!! (Last checkup 8/09) Next 10/23/09