ahhh, David......your wife is a saint if you were acting like this! I keep telling him to use his powers (stubborness) for good instead of evil smile and you're absolutely right - the control issue is a big part of this.
I wish he would post or talk to someone besides me....I've suggested that but he's not having it. He was having anxiety attacks pre-RT and pre-chemo too but once he went thru a treatment or two he made peace with it and just went on. He did tell me tonite that he knew he needed to suck it up and get the surgery done but just couldn't seem to do it. I think the meds for anxiety and depression aren't doing their job too well....he's a big guy (6'7") and might need a bit more. We'll see if he calls his doc tomorrow....I'm in my tough love phase right now - if he wants this changed he can do it. I did spend a half hour on the phone with the nitwits at the insurance company today. That's my contribution for the day smile

And Cecilia....thanks for the rant on the monster...oops, daughter. Misery loves company you know. I'm glad our kids aren't the only boneheads out there.

CG to H with SCC BOT T4N2cM0 dx 12/19/08, teeth removed pre-tx; Erbitux & RT-done 3/12/09, PEG 2/9/09-7/14/09; ND 6/16. Pet 6/12-no mets except lymph node in neck removed on 6/16. Chyle leak,2nd surg to repair. Dilate esophagus 4/15/10. Clear PET 12/17/10