I wasn't really given a choice when it came to having a PEG. They just had me have it inserted. I'm glad they did because I lost over 40 lbs and that was with the PEG and all of the feedings. Without it I wouldn't have been able to eat so I would have ended up with one anyway, I think. My biggest problem throughout the tx was that darn Amopostine stuff. I was sicker than a dog and nothing including water was palable. My one mistake was not forcing myself to swallow some liquid everyday so it took a little while to get going again, but I did. If I had to do it over that would be the one thing I'd change. Oh yeah, and I'd remember to ask for some medical marijuana...............I totally forgot about that stuff while in TX and was kicking myself later. LOLOLOL

DX 6/05 Rt Tonsil SSC advanced to lymph node. Stage 4b. RND, took tonsils, strips off the back of tongue, throat and nose. 19 lymph nodes removed only 1 bad. Once healed, 7 weeks of treatment including 35 IMRT, 7 Cisplatin, 7 Erbitux and 35 nasty Amophostine. Almost 11 yrs out now. Woooo Hoooo!