"You have reached the point in your grief for your brother that you need a trained person to help you. Find a person you like and I promise you that things will get much, much better. You took the first step when you posted your feelings here. The next step is getting professional help. Do it for yourself, your husband and your children. God Bless"

Hi, Little Sister -

This is so true. And getting through, not over, grief is work - the hardest work you will ever do. You can do it, with help.

"Companion Through the Darkness," by Stephanie Ericsson, helped me after my husband died suddenly.

Tom Golden's story/parable, "Swallowed by a Snake" was a tremendous eye-opener. I would recommnend it to anyone who has experienced trauma, grief-related, or not. It taught me that grief *had* changed me. It would always be with me, but eventually, I was no longer part of "it": "it" was part of me.

After my husband died, I didn't think I could ever find joy in my life, but I have. It took several years, and I still experience great sadness at times. But I know I can get through it.

There is no right or wrong way to grieve because we each grieve differently. Acknowledging your feelings is an important step.

Good luck,
Marlene

In the end, I don't want to be happy. Life goes on, so many say. It hurts...like I have never felt hurt. I rejoice at everyone's great outcomes and clear findings and I cry with those walking where I walked. I sit and read and feel as though there were something...to be done. This horrible "thing" has changed me and I question many things. It is a deep heart wrenching pain that no one seems to understand....until I am here. Why? Why can't I heal?

Marginal mandibulectomy 6/17/08 resulted in DX of Stage I SCC - gingiva (3 mm) right mandible, buccal side. Clear margins. Occasional social drinker. Smoked last cigarette in 1979. Clear pet: 12/08; 7/20/09. Yay!