Hello,
My husband was diagnosed March of 07. He has had two surgeries and two rounds with chemo/radiation. We recently were told his cancer has returned and there is nothing they can do. I've posted questions on this site regarding 2nd opinions but that is not what I would like to ask in this post. My mind is running wild with just how bad this situation is going to get. He currently has a new tumor growing under the floor of his mouth (under the flap they built with part of his leg tissue in last surgery) towards the chin area. I know this is an awful question to ask but I want to know what to expect. How does a person die from this? The Dr. sort of said the tumors sort of use up all the persons nutrients, energy, etc... until they get weaker and thinner. Then possibly phnemonia sets in. I'm picturing a huge tumor breaking through his face and him crying in pain, etc...etc.. I have two small children and I want to plan ahead for how bad this situation can get. I realize everyone is different but I am concerned. If someone would prefer to e-mail me privately and not post on this that is fine. He is also getting a trache put in next Thursday to assist in his breathing.
I'm so scared to watch my husband suffer. He is such a good hearted person who so doesn't deserve the hand he's been dealt.
Thank you for your help.
Sincerely,
Tamara(wife to husband Kyle)
Kyle - 44 years old. Non smoker, casual drinker.
03/07-Tumor removed in tongue, chemo/rad
06/08-Tumor removed in base of mouth, left jaw removed, part of skin on neck - followed w/chemo/rad.
10/08-New tumor already growing.

Kyle - 43 years old. Non smoker, casual drinker.
03/07-Tumor removed in tongue, chemo/rad
06/08-Tumor removed in base of mouth, left jaw removed, part of skin on neck - followed w/chemo/rad.
10/08-New tumor already growing.