Shar - I know what you are going through, if you saw my most recent post I am also worried about some symptoms I am having in my neck. Last year right after Christmas I had an ulcer on my tongue and it started bleeding. I was POSITIVE that my cancer had returned. And, I could see by my ENT's face that she wasn't feeling really good about it, and she admitted that. But, the biopsy came back negative, it turned out to be your everyday apthous ulcer, and it went away.

What can I say - except that I think we all live with this fear of recurrence and any symptom at all gets those dark thoughts swirling. But, what Donna (pandora99) said to me was great "Try to not let this thief (cancer and the fear thereof) steal even another second from you. You've done what you can - now put that worry away and try to enjoy this day. If not, cancer - whether here or not - has stolen another day from you! Protect yourself against thieves!!" So let's try to remember this!!!

Ginny M. SCC of Left lateral tongue Dx 04/06,Surgery MDACC 05/11/06: Partial glossectomy with selective neck dissection. T1N0M0 - no radiation. Phase III clinical trial ("EPOC" trial)04/07 thru 04/08 because tests showed a 65% chance of recurrence. 10 Year Survivor!