I so agree Melissa--I feel fine today--or certaily much better than I did before my blood transfusion--I'd had about 10 days where I could barely move off the sofa without getting breathless--but that was definitely the anaemia and not the cancer!
The nurses asked me one treatment day--'Do you feel this is helping?'
Didn't really know what to say as I felt fine anyway before treatment started!!
Now my jaw is no longer swollen, no-one would know I have cancer--I go out for meals, walks when on my 'rest-weeks' and do some housework and gardening. I don't think I could cope with going back to work (tho was semi-retired and only doing 2 days anyway!), but generally, yes, my 'battle' is to keep my quality of life as good as I can for as long as I can and have mostly stopped worrying.
I did go thro a phase of refusing to buy any clothes, or making any plans for Christmas etc., but hell, my first jaw symptoms were in January, it's now October and I've had to get my hair cut a good few times!!!
Motto now is 'Be Prepared for the worst, Hope for the best!'

Where in CA do you live? My daughter is in Huntington Beach!

Brenda

Brenda in UK--Diagnosis 30/5/07--undifferentiated carcinoma in right jawbone and muscles. Stage 4
6/7/07--new diagnosis primary is in lung. Finished 4cycles of palliative carboplatin/gemcitabine
therapy September 07
Now dying to live!