Hi Brenda-
Thanks for the post. Wow, I read some of your posts and I'm sorry for what you are going through. When they found the lung mets I kept asking them if they were sure I didn't have lung cancer that spread upwards, but they said that was definitly not the case.
You know, when they first said "incurable" I didn't really understand what it meant, and it's still hard because there's a such a huge range of how long people live. At my last appointment when I asked about the prognosis I got a little lecture on "focusing on daily quality of life" and "understanding how serious the situation is", of course followed up with the "hope for a miracle" clause. Doctors....even when they say all they can you still feel like crap!
Actually, I feel good right now which is why it's so hard to understand. There are many small tumors so I don't feel them yet, no trouble breathing or anything. I get chemo every three weeks and that makes me feel run down, tired for a few days. The Erbitux doesn't have any effect on me except for the acne/rash. I look like a teenage boy with a breakout!
I've gotten the chemo postponed twice already for low blood counts, which is frustrating but I try to keep it in perspective.
How about you? Do you feel pretty good day to day?
Melissa

Age 36. Four years of fighting Stage 4 Skull Base Cancer
Can't even fit it in the signature line. I've tried it all! 5 surgeries, IMRT, cyberknife, cisplatin, erbitux, AIM, taxotere, carboplatin.