Hi-
I'm glad we have this new area on the board. I've been diagnosed with lung mets, originally it was thought that I was all clear, but a scan in May found lung mets, which were probably there before and just too small to have shown up on the scan. It's incurable and the doctors are saying a few years if things go well. Right now I'm on Cisplatin and Erbitux.
I used to post with questions when I was in radiation, but since getting diagnosed again I didn't want to talk about it on here because if I were someone just finishing treatment I wouldn't want to hear about someone like me.
Anyway, just wanted to say hello to everyone, and especially to Liz and Amy I always have read your posts and you guys have been through so much yet still manage to dole out good advice and kind thoughts, and I really admire you both.
Also, Minnie, I am sorry you are going through this again, and I will say that so far the chemo has not been bad at all and the anti nausea medicines are really good nowdays. I'd compare it to the kind of nausea you have when pregnant, I eat a lot of small meals and that helps. I hope it goes well for you.

So...thanks for listening, and I look forward to talking with everybody.
Melissa

Age 36. Four years of fighting Stage 4 Skull Base Cancer
Can't even fit it in the signature line. I've tried it all! 5 surgeries, IMRT, cyberknife, cisplatin, erbitux, AIM, taxotere, carboplatin.