Thanks guys..
One more question - Stephen had to go off the diflucan a couple of months ago because of eleveted liver levels so the RO put him on Nystatin. Stephen could not tolerate the swish and swallow so the RO told him putting it thru the tube would work also, that it was not just topical. Then we go to our MO for a follow-up and he tells us to stop the Nystatin, we are wasting our time puttin it thru the tube - it only works topically. So I stopped and the thrush was back two days later. Not to be vulgar but,it smells like he swallowed a dead animal. Not to mention it triples his throat pain.
So the NP checked it out and said the Nystatin does work via peg tube and put him back on it. Does anyone here know what the correct answer is? It is not the first time I've seen our RO and MO give us completely different answers...a little scary.
Also while I'm here his fever goes from normal then to 99 and was at 99.9 last night and then it goes back to normal. And he sounds like he has a new cough that sounds like it is in his chest. And he said he felt it was also. Pneumonia? Shouild I call or am I jumping the gun? He's on an antibiotic for the tube site infection, would this take care of the pneumonia?
Thanks again...

Kerry/wife of stephenm
StageIV - Base of Tongue T4N0M0
XRT x42 / Taxol and Carboplatin x4
Tx. Finished 5/08/06