I am sorry that you are back in this situation again. I am sure you will be able to care for him at home. We only have 4 peopel that I know for sure on the board that have had a trach and I urge them to post to you since I have little practical information to offer you myself. I have met with many people who have had the grafts and reconstructive mandibular work done, and none have felt that it was horrible as it seemed when it ws explained to them. Their results at the end are truley amazining. But of course the primary considerations are the complete elimination of the disease. Please post after your meeting iwth the doctors as to what they are recommending, and I will do my best to research what they are recommending for you. You are in the thoughts of all of us here, as your many posts have made you family.... and we all share your concern.

Minnie - If you catch this thread, please give her a call to talk about the bone grafts, you know the ropes on this.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.