Maz,

We had no clue that there would be a general decline in health following end of treatments. We are just about one year out from dx (1/05) and 5-1/2 months from end of tx.

No doctors ever mentioned to us that health would first decline. I wish they had as I would have worried less. As a matter of fact at times I thought the cancer had come back because we hit some very low points healthwise.

I thank my lucky blessings for this site as I was able to post our experiences and receive many replies from caring people that were willing to share their own experiences and that helped alleviate a lot of my worries and fears.

We seemed to have turned the corner healthwise. I think what did he trick was that about two weeks ago we stopped a painkiller called "NORTRIPTYLINE" which was zapping all energy and causing othe side effects. From Brian's post it is likely that the cold sweats may have been caused by the stopping of this pain killer which was also sapping a lot of energy.

Energy level has gone way up so we are more active now. Also we have increased calorie intake from 800 per day to 2000+ and that seems to be helping a lot.

Thank you for the hugs and prayers, I certainly need them after one year of fighting this war as a caregiver I am quite burned out.

I also send hugs and prayers your way. Again, thank you for help and support.

CG to wife;
Jan 2005 DX SCC Tongue T2N1MO; RND surgery Mar 2005; 35 XRT and 4 cisplatin completed Jul 2005.
Dec 2006 tongue surgery, Scar tissue no cancer.
Feb 2010 neck node FNA - negative.
2010 ORN right jaw plus fracture
2015 ORN left jaw plus fracture
Feb 2016 Lower jaw reconstruction by Fibula free flap+titanium plate - Permanent G-tube
June 2016 Difficulty breathing - Permanent Trachea tube
Dec 2019 DX Cervical cancer - Stage 1 - Surgery Jan 16 2020.
15-20 esophagus/larynx dilations